In addition to building your project, Affordable Pergolas Melbourne offer a full range of drafting and permit services for your project.
- Initial discussion regarding project, building permit and quotation.
- Assess if other permits and services are required. ie: planning approvals, building over easements, BAL reports, engineering, etc. If so, we contact you to discuss and explain processes and additional costs.
- Development of plans, small alterations if required. Plan includes…
- Site plan including over shadowing.
- Plan view.
- Private open space of adjoining properties.
- Details, notes & material lists.
- Plan completion.
- Obtain building permit and other permits/services if required.
Once you have decided to ahead with your project we have found that most people are keen to get the plans and permit completed as quickly as possible.
To speed up this process, we ask that you supply the following.
- Copies of existing house plans including site plan, house plan & elevations.
- House Title (if not available, we can easily order online).
If no plans are available, your council may have some available or alternatively we offer a full house/block measure up for $110 (gst inclusive).
On having completed the plans, the next step is to apply for the building permit.
- Supply plans of proposed structure – site plan, top elevation and side elevations.
- Prepare and complete appropriate documents required for the application.
- Download house title, copy of subdivision and any additional paper work required.
- Payment of fees required.
On submission, the surveyor will issue the permit after reviewing the plans and documents.
Typically for structure such as pergolas, verandahs and decks, between 2 to 3 inspections are required.
- $1,645 gst inclusive – project plans, building permit, title & council property report & legal point of discharge.
- $250 gst inclusive – plans & building permit for each additional structure, ie deck or carport.
- $220 gst inclusive – full block/house measure up if no house plans available.
All fees and costs can be viewed by downloading of Verandah fees pdf file.
To get your plans & permits up and running or if you have any questions, please phone or email us.
- Council Building Permit Requirements – A list of all Melbourne metropolitan councils requirements on building permits for various structures.